FREE Perlshop shopping cart
Every W3U virtual domain account comes with a,
Free, fully operational
version of Perlshop shopping cart. Perlshop accommodates a wide variety of
real-time credit card and check processing merchant
services. Users need only customize the Company Information section
of the configuration file and edit the catalog pages to suit their own company product needs. The
script is accompanied by an easy to follow instruction manual.
No knowledge of CGI programming is required.
The perlshop shopping cart can accommodate selling your company products and services
online, with or without an e-commerce merchant account.
E-Commerce Solutions and Perlshop || PerlShop
Shopping Cart Features
Sample Sites Using Perlshop ||
Perlshop Consulting and Technical Support
Download Perlshop - v3.2 ||
Download Perlshop - v4.3
- Real-time credit card and check processing
- On-line payment acceptance via PayPal.
The current release is
4.3.00, 17 December 2000.
Features of the 4.3.00 release are:
- Added support for VeriSign/Signio real-time credit card processing.
This includes the following VeriSign partners:
- American Express Payflow
- First Interstate Financial Services
- National Bankcard Systems (eNBS)
- pay|Net Merchant Services
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Real-time transaction authorization reference data is now included
in the company copy of the order email.The plugin interface has been
extended and enhanced in many ways.
See the on-line documentation for details.A new product data tag
called ITEM_SHIPTYPE has been defined.
See the on-line documentation for details.
- A new product data tag called ITEM_DATA has been defined.
See the on-line documentation for details.
- New product data tags called QTY_MIN and QTY_MAX have been defined.
these values. See the on-line documentation for details.A new "enteraction"
input parameter has been added. This gives Perlshop web sites the
ability to combine the Enter action with something other than a
catalog page file load.
- Customer check-out related code was moved into an external library
file called ps_checkout.pl.
- Many new style classes have been defined for use with the Order
Form, Shopping Cart, and Shipping display screens. See the on-line
style sheet documentation for details.The CREATE script has been
extended to create the 'plugins' and 'plugins/files' directories.
- Extra copies of the store order email can be sent to a programmable
cc email list. See the ps.cfg file $mail_order_cc_list setting for
- Added the ability to reject orders from specific countries. See the
ps.cfg file @reject_country_codes setting for details.Made the old
regular expression matching option for the search interface a
configurable option. See the ps.cfg file $searchRegExp setting for
- Added the ability to use a custom web page in place of the standard
search interface. See the ps.cfg file $searchCatalogPage setting for
New features contributed by other authors:
- Chris Milner contributed code that eliminates the need to
re-complete the order form if the customer has selected the
"Continue Shopping" link after having filled out the order
- Phil Plumbo contributed code that lets QuickBuy mode use a specific
Order ID. See the on-line QuickBuy Mode documentation for details.
The following bugs have been corrected:
If your store is using the PSDBI package, please contact us to make
sure you have the latest version. Free upgrades are available to all PSDBI
- The Update Shopping Cart command now deletes the 'orders' file if
all items have been removed from a shopping cart.
(This was a four year old bug from Perlshop 3 that was found by a
User's Group member - thanks Glenn)
- The search function now works correctly with non-standard catalog
- Added logic to allow images on the final checkout page to use the
secure image URL. Change contributed by Cheryl Lambert.
The previous release was 4.2.07, 20 October 2000.
Features of the 4.2.07 release are:
- Invoice email may now be sent in HTML mode. A number of new style
sheet class definitions have been added to allow you to control the
appearance of the invoice email. Customers with plain-text only mail
readers will continue to receive the traditional plain text Perlshop
- New configuration settings and style sheet rules have been defined
to give you more control over the appearance of the Search Results
- Perlshop can now send automatic email to your store webmaster in
response to various internal checks that result in error.
- We've added support for real-time transaction processor WorldPay.
- We've added support for Rebate items, allowing you to provide fixed
rebate values that work in combination with your existing discount
- The tax table may be stored in a separate configuration file.
- The Perlshop Plugin API has been enhanced to allow for a wider range
of event and plugin types.
- Various internal fault diagnostics have been added throughout the
- The ps.cfg file has new or improved documentation for many
The current Engineering release of Perlshop is 4.3.01.
Release date: Unscheduled
- Support for PayPal Business Account Web Accept. (Beta ready)
- Real-time credit card processing via Bank of America. (Beta ready)
This engineering release may be downloaded Here.
Understand that this is an engineering release, and that it is not
guaranteed to be bug free.
Perlshop 4 grows in capabilities in part through the participation
of the Perlshop user community.
Current projects from the user community include:
- Real-time credit card processing via Authorize.net.
- Secure invoice email via PGP.
What's new in Version 3.2? (see manual & source code for details & upgrading info)
Accept Online Credit Card payments via SecureOrder and payments via First Virtual !!! Shoppers receive
immediate feedback if their payment goes through!
You can (optionally) enable Cookies to allow Shoppers to leave and later return to a shopping
Built-in support for using Secure Server (https:) capability for the registration page.
You can now use Server Side Include tags (SSI) on catalog pages.
Search feature will now search subdirectories, and highlight hits.
Searches can be logged to see what shoppers want, but that you don't have!
All dates are now Year2000 Compliant.
What other features does it have?
Comprehensive error checking of customer input.
Optional logging of page hits and search patterns.
Order files are created in CSV format (comma separated, quoted fields) for easy import into a database.
Built-in search screen for keyword searching of catalog pages. No external program is needed, and no
indexing of catalog pages is needed.
No 'Cookies' are Needed (but can be optionally enabled). The script will work with any browser.
Automatically calculates Sales tax based on customer's location.
Automatically calculates shipping using a customizable shipping rates table.
Will calculate shipping based on price or quantity or weight.
Validates that credit card numbers and email addresses are in the proper format.
Automatically calculates all totals.
Order confirmation is emailed to customer and to catalog merchant.
Generates a unique Invoice number for each order.
Customers do not need to pre-register before ordering items.
There is no artificial limit on the price of an individual item, nor on the total order.
Orders can be modified any time prior to final checkout.
Extensive comments make customization of the script easy.
Catalog pages may use any custom design or layout, PerlShop only adds an optional navigational menu bar,
and submit buttons or images to your pages.
Support for Item options such as: Size, Color, etc.
Support for Multiple Item Selection forms
A "stay on page" option after ordering.
Support for Discounts based on total price or quantity.
Support for Non-Taxable items.
Option to use images for submit buttons
Customizable date and currency formats for International use
Catalog pages can be server independent
Consulting and Technical Support for setting up your
perlshop shopping cart
- As mentioned above, all W3U virtual domains come with a fully functional copy of
perlshop. However, if you require help with customizing the shopping
cart catalog pages to suit your business needs, W3U will be happy to assist you.
The current support rate for W3U domain holders is $28.50 per hour.
For additional online technical support visit www.perlshop.org
- If you are not a W3U customer, and plan to use perlshop for your on-line business
catalog, you might need our assistance for installing perlshop. We'll also be glad
to assist you in setting up your business catalog pages. The current support
non-W3U domain holders is $34.50 per hour. For additional online
technical support visit www.perlshop.org
- For more information, contact us at:
Voice: 1 619 444 9186
For more information about PerlShop, visit the
|| Web Hosting Services ||
Web Design Services ||
W3U's Home ||